Static Xorg server

Olivier Galibert galibert at pobox.com
Tue Aug 22 06:18:11 PDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 01:42:51PM +0200, Marcin Glogowski wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I must build static Xorg server.
> The best solution would be X 7.1 but I cant compile it even from scripts, so I decided to build X 6.9
> Please write which option should I set to achieve fully working version of statically compiled Xorg server.

If it's on linux, you have to start by not using glibc, and I'm not
sure if Xorg compiles with any of the simpler linux libcs.  After that
the problem is going to be the modules, since loadmod.c does not seem
to have any capability of handling linked-in modules.  You're going to
have a very hard time there.

  OG.