Problems compiling X11R7.1

Markku Tavasti tavasti at tavastisolutions.com
Tue Aug 22 23:15:09 PDT 2006

I'm trying to compile latest X.org release from tarballs. I got all
packages from ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/X11/ftp.x.org/X11R7.1/src/ and http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/*checkout*/xorg/util/modular/build-from-tarballs.sh

First problems was 'everything' directory. It is missing some files,
at least libX11-X11R7.1-1.0.1.tar.bz2. Ok, got that.

Looks like there is still packages missing:

checking for X11... configure: error: Package requirements (xextproto xtrans xau xcmiscproto bigreqsproto) were not met:

No package 'xextproto' found
No package 'xtrans' found
No package 'xcmiscproto' found
No package 'bigreqsproto' found

I looked fron few other mirrors, and there was no such files under
proto directory. For X11R7.0 there are.

Essentially my target is compiling X.org server with --enable-kdrive
but at the moment not even with default values, no success.

--
M. Tavasti /  tavasti at tavastisolutions.com  /   +358-40-5078254