i810 driver: Xv on mergefd

Mon Aug 28 13:29:56 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 17:05 +0100, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 17:48 +0200, Erwin Rol wrote:

> > > Are you sure it's getting the right refresh rate ?
> >
> > It probably is not the right refresh rate, the problem is how do i get
> > the right refresh rate.
> >
> > I need a hack to get my 1280x800 panel working, because the BIOS only
> > supports 1024x768 and 1280x1024 panels on the LVDS port. If i don't have
> > the hack it doesn't flicker but it only allows 1024x768 in the top left
> > corner of the LVDS-Panel. When i apply the following patch, i get my
> > full 1280x800 resolution. With the modesetting branch this patch also
> > works, but it doesn't flicker. Since it is a direct panel without a OSD
> > i can't really check the refresh rate, but the CRT has 60Hz and it
> > almost looks like the LVDS-panel only have half of that.
>
> Looks like you are only updating a portion of the fptiming block. You
> should update the rest including the pixel clock.

OK now i feel dumb, i just haven been working to long on this
project :-) I changed the dot clock from 6500 (65MHz) to 8500 (85Mhz,
the max that the panel allows) and now it works great.

I hacked 915resolution to do the bios "update" instead of the X driver,
and that seems to work to. So instead of patching the driver i might
just patch the 915resolution tool, it probably a better place for it
too.

I hope the BIOSless modesetting gets into the master branch soon, but
for now thanks for the help.

- Erwin