Xvideo performance on Radeon 7500 vs Intel 915

Linxiao linxiao.li at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 17:30:42 PST 2006

Hi, Roland:

     NV's Xv also just converts planar yuv (YV12) to packed yuv (VYUY) for
display.
( I have had a glimpse of nv_video.c in Xorg6.8.2/7.1.) And that consumes
CPU a lot,
especially when I use nv's blitter ports to play 16channels X CIF YV12 video
stream
which each is created as an XvImage and played with XvShmPutImage.

    Is there any existing patch for this? (I use nv 9550, and it should
support planar
yuv hardwarely.) If no, would you please provide any suggestion on playing
multiple
channels of video?

leal @ www.leal.cn