[ANNOUNCE] xorg-server-1.1.99.903

Kean Johnston kean at armory.com
Sun Dec 3 21:03:06 PST 2006

> Nice phrasing. Would have been cool to add such a radical change to
> release announcements of libXfont 1.2.4/1.2.5.
Is it really a change? --enable-type1 in libXfont uses the IBM
type1 rasterizer, which was weirdly wrapped up in CID support.
You only got the IBM type1 rasterizer because CID support was
on by default.

The poster of the original question could just as easily have
not loaded libtype1.so, since type1 support is also provided
by the freetype rasterizer, which is also on by default.

Kean
--
Deckard: "I don't work here anymore. Give it to Holden. He's good."
Bryant : "I did. He can breathe okay as long as nobody unplugs him."