Trouble with xf86-input-joystick

Christoph Brill egore at gmx.de
Tue Dec 5 13:40:35 PST 2006

Hi list, I'm having trouble with the joystick in Xorg. My wireless mouse
had no batteries and I wanted to use the joystick as input device. So I
added the following to my xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier "Joystick1"
        Driver     "joystick"
        Option     "Device" "/dev/input/js0"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
        InputDevice    "Joystick1" "SendCoreEvents"
EndSection

I restarted Xorg. No reaction from the joystick. Here is the interesting
part of my Xorg.0.log.

(II) LoadModule: "joystick"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/joystick_drv.so
(II) Module joystick: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
        ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 0.6
(II) UnloadModule: "joystick"
(II) Unloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/joystick_drv.so
(EE) Failed to load module "joystick" (out of memory, 135882864)

Anyone knows of such problem? Anyone got a fix? ;-)

Thanks in advance,
 Christoph Brill