Supported Monitors

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Sat Dec 9 23:16:03 PST 2006

Luke wrote:
> I have two simple questions:
> 1) Is there a list maintained of all the supported
> monitors?

Nowhere. All monitors are supported. Exception: on Intel chips, tricks are needed in order to get resolutions not supported by the BIOS.

The list maintained in SuSE installer is just for "sensible defaults".

> 2) What's the procedure to add a monitor?

To where?

> My monitor is visibile but the size is always messed
> up and the text is inconsistently blurry (like every
> other line).

This is a problem with your xorg.conf, but it is impossible to troubleshoot now. You have not given us such vital information as your video card model, monitor connection type (VGA or DVI), the xorg.conf file, and the output of the following command:

get-edid | parse-edid

(if you don't have these tools, go to http://john.fremlin.de/programs/linux/read-edid/ )

--
Alexander E. Patrakov