1) Clarification Xorg Server Versioning wanted 2) Mesa reference problems in xorg-server-1.1.99.903 but not in 1.2.99.0

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 16:31:50 PST 2006

On 12/16/06, Joshua Baergen <joshuabaergen at gentoo.org> wrote:
> Tobias Gerschner wrote:
>
> > The reason I ask : I was not able to compile xorg-server-1.1.99.903
> > (tagged 12 days ago) as part of xorg 7.2 rc3 against Mesa 6.5.2. I
> > always end up with bad / wrong mesa references in hw/vfb . But I can
> > compile xorg-server 1.2.99.0 which got tagged 6 weeks in the past.
> >
> > At the moment I don't know the reason for this failure.
>
> Yes, if you browse through the list history over the last week or two
> you'll see a patch that allows you to build the 1.2 snapshots against
> Mesa 6.5.2[1].  I'm not sure if this patch has been included in the git
> yet - if it has, I haven't seen it, and I don't feel like looking
> through the commit history.  Hanno or Daniel probably know.

I wonder why that hasn't been included in the server-1.2 branch? FWIW,
here's the commit on master:

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xorg/xserver.git;a=commit;h=a34446f5b3d90714969a90583c49cb1eae1c9651

This should really get onto the 1.2 branch as people will certainly
want to build against mesa-6.5.2.

--
Dan