1) Clarification Xorg Server Versioning wanted 2) Mesa reference problems in xorg-server-1.1.99.903 but not in 1.2.99.0

Wei-Tsun Sun wsun013 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 21:59:18 PST 2006

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 11:42:02 +1300
"Tobias Gerschner" <tobias.gerschner at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know which code is actually more up-to-date (Is there any wiki
> page to fill me in about those details ? Is there a commit / branching
> scheme you follow ? Found none so far and I really visit your wiki
> often. )

Check out the tag section of this page:

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xorg/xserver.git;a=summary

My guess is that the master tag is the latest one, which uses the new
input specifications (maybe a wrong terminology here), where only
keyboad and mouse work (for me) at this time. Latest patches are always
applied here.

The other tag, which is the server-1.2-branch, which may not be applied
all of the patches in the master, which is more close to the current X
server, while you might need to get few commit-diff from the master to
get some of the features to work.

-w