extremely slow mouse reaction

Markus Heller markus at relix.de
Wed Dec 20 15:55:23 PST 2006

Hi Erik,

>     xset s on
>     xset m 2 2

the "s" option switches the screen saver on. The m options concern
acceleration and threshold.

My mouse simply barely reacts. It is as if the display would refresh every few
seconds only. When I move the mouse it takes 3-4 seconds until I see any
result. And then, the pointer will not move over to the new position but it
will jump and be right there.

I already thought this is a chipset driver acceleration issue, but I verified
that when I enter text into xterm, the text will be displayed in a speed as
I'm used to. The xterm gives me a user experience as I have on any other
xterm... Only the mouse is jumpy.

The xset didn't help. But nevertheless thanks so much for your ideas!

Markus