Xorg 1.1.1 + Mesa 6.5.2 = White screens with i810 driver and beryl/compiz

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Dec 31 04:20:58 PST 2006

S.Çağlar Onur wrote:
> 30 Ara 2006 Cts 20:30 tarihinde, Colin Guthrie şunları yazmıştı:
>> Has anyone got any ideas to to what would cause this?
>
> You need http://people.freedesktop.org/~krh/compiz-on-aiglx/xserver-patches/
> these with 1.1.1 (also check fedora's repo, i think they already uses these)

Actually we already have some of those patches.

The ones we didn't have are:

01-no-move-damage.patch
02-dont-backfill-bg-none.patch
05-offscreen-pixmaps.patch

I maybe didn't make it clear in my original post, but we were happily
using Mesa 6.5 with xserver 1.1.1. Things started to break when Mesa
6.5.2 landed (the xserver hadn't been rebuilt which didn't help but even
after rebuilding it didn't work!)

Do you think the above listed patches will make the difference? i.e. are
they specific fixes that work with Mesa 6.5.2?

Col.