Display Corruption with ATI radeon 8500

Roland Scheidegger sroland at tungstengraphics.com
Sun Dec 31 11:21:38 PST 2006

Caio Boiteux wrote:
> Hi I'm having a very strange display corruption issue that i cant
> seem to pin point. sometime without an aparent cause the display gets
> all garbled with some black lines that divide the screen in small
> blocks (see attached picture)
>
> can anyone help me pinpoint it so i can report it in the bug database
> ?
What do you mean without apparent cause? Are you just staring at the
screen and suddenly it gets garbled, does this happen on server startup
already, or only if you use 3d apps etc.

> "EnableDepthMoves" "true"
Try switching that off. While it shouldn't cause any harm to the
framebuffer, noone uses it and it might be buggy nowadays.

The screen seems to show some tiling pattern. I'm not sure how it could
be connected to color tiling, but you could try switching it off (Option
"ColorTiling" "false").

Roland