On what VT am I?

Tim Dijkstra newsuser at famdijkstra.org
Thu Feb 2 02:41:20 PST 2006

Hi,

If this OT please direct me to a better list, but this is the best I
could find...

I have a setup with different users having X sessions on several virtual
terminals. I want a certain app to know if it belongs to the current
virtual terminal or not. Now I know how to query the console to ask
which is the active virtual terminal. I can't figure out however how to
ask the xserver on which VT it runs. I can get the display string of
course. And although usually vt(7+n) == :n this isn't guarantied.

If anybody could help me with this it would be really appreciated!

grts Tim