Cannot compile modular xserver

Donnie Berkholz spyderous at gentoo.org
Fri Feb 3 08:10:54 PST 2006

Vaclav Barta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to compile modular x.org (to get 3D hardware acceleration, which is
> disabled on my "stock" gentoo for some reason) as described at
> http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide , but I'm not getting very
> far... I've got the external packages and x.org from CVS and run

As it says on the guide, xorg-server trunk builds against Mesa trunk,
not the mesa 6.4 branch.

3D acceleration works fine for me on Gentoo -- did you read
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/modular-x-howto.xml ?
Particularly "For direct rendering, you'll want to activate the dri USE
flag."

If you need more Gentoo-specific support, try one of our lists or IRC
channels.

Thanks,
Donnie