PCI Subsystem Rework for X.org 7.1 Proposal

Fri Feb 3 11:34:37 PST 2006

Adam Jackson wrote:
> I'm fairly sure *bsd and Solaris have a reasonably sane userspace API to the
> PCI bus.

I sent the PCIRework wiki url off to the people who know much more about Solaris
PCI support than I do, and they think we have at least some of what it needs,
but may need to expand our API a little to cover all of it - but it wasn't clear
exactly what is needed from the OS side, since the proposal was written more
towards interfaces between Xorg and the new library.   If there's any
information on what the OS needs to provide, I'm sure that will be helpful to
all of us to make sure our kernels provide the needed support.

(Our kernel guys would love to see Xorg use much saner API's to get the data it
  needs, but if they need to provide API's that aren't there yet, they need to
  know what those will be.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com