Radeon FireMV 2400 PC Quad head card

Tue Feb 7 17:26:27 PST 2006

Hello all,

with Benjamins latest patches i can start Xorg on my quad head card
without hanging my machine. Console Switching also seems to work
normally with this card.

What i am trying now is to get all 4 heads to be one big xinerama setup.
The card shows up as 2 M9 chips, both with two outputs.  I tried several
combinations but it always seems monitor 1 and 2 are cloned and monitor
3 and 4 are. I can't get the 4 monitors to show different pictures. The
mouse on the other hand seems to think there are 4 screens, because when
it leaves monitor 1/2 it does not show up on monitor 3/4 , it takes some
mouse moving before it gets to monitor 3/4.

I must say i find the xorg.conf file format a bit strange, but all the
examples i found, only used one Screen and Device section for dual head
setups. So it could very well be that it is just a config error.

Attached my xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log, any hints are welcome.

- Erwin