Trident CyberbladeXP/CyberAladdin-T Docs

Russell Jackson raj at pandora.csub.edu
Sat Feb 11 09:53:53 PST 2006

Has anyone ever been successful in getting documentation from
either Trident or ALi for the CyberbladeXPiA1 chipset?

I've attempted requesting it from their respective sources, but I don't
get so much as a response stating a decline. I know from my research
that Trident hasn't been helpful towards XFree86 on documentation in the
past.

The Xv extention is seriously broken on this chipset. Problems range
from screen corruption to outright hanging the entire system.
Additionally, video timings seem not to be set right which is especially
apparent on external CRTs or analog input on a LCD panel. I get random
streaks across the screen. I'm not really sure how to describe the
effect properly. There a number of bugs in the bug database that
describe similar problems, but no one has stepped up to fix them.

If I could get my hands on the datasheets, I am willing to put the time
into fixing the trident driver. I know there must be many laptop owners
with this chipset.

--
Russell A. Jackson <raj at csub.edu>
It is better to kiss an avocado than to get in a fight with an aardvark.