Xgl & Radeon Mobility M6 LY

Cyril Jaquier cyril.jaquier at bluewin.ch
Wed Feb 15 14:58:32 PST 2006

Hi,

As many people, I try to get Xgl/compiz working on my laptop. I have an
IBM ThinkPad X32 with a Radeon Mobility M6 LY. I'm using Hanno overlay [1].

media-libs/glitz-0.5.0_alpha20060209
x11-misc/glitzinfo-20060107
x11-libs/cairo-1.1.1_alpha20060115
x11-proto/glproto-1.4.3-r1
media-libs/mesa-6.4.3_alpha20060209
x11-base/xgl-20060211
x11-wm/compiz-20060209

When starting Xgl, everything seems to work fine. No error messages and
correct display. But when I start compiz, the screen is split in the
middle :/ Nothing is drawn on the right side except some garbage from
time to time. However, mouse positions are taken on the whole screen. In
order to move a window that I see on the left part, I have to click
somewhere in the black right part where the window should be. I take
some pictures with my hand phone.

http://jaquier.dyndns.org/temp/DSC00125.JPG
http://jaquier.dyndns.org/temp/DSC00126.JPG
http://jaquier.dyndns.org/temp/DSC00127.JPG
http://jaquier.dyndns.org/temp/DSC00128.JPG

Rotating between workspace seems to work except some flickering and the
fact that everything is "translated" to the left. On DSC00128.JPG, you
can see garbage when moving gnome-terminal. It seems that only the
rightmost part of the window is redrawn correctly.

Does somebody get it working with a Radeon M6?

Regards,

Cyril Jaquier

[1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~hanno/