xorg and hotkey api

Aivils Stoss aivils at latnet.lv
Wed Feb 22 06:44:26 PST 2006

On Trešdiena, 22. Februāris 2006 00:56, Christian Gmeiner wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I am looking for some informations how xorg handle hotkeys, how i can
> register/unregister hotkeys and how i can get notifyed for a hotkey.

Search docs about XKB. Config files are:
AT keycode to X keycode
/etc/X11/xkb/keycodes/xfree86
"hotkey" to keysym
/etc/X11/xkb/symbols/inet

Probably hotkey on press produces keycode 130 , which is <I02>.
# setxkbmap 'us+inet(azonaRF2300)'
command set up layout 'us' plus "internet keys" for keyboard
model "azonaRF2300". That means hotkey (keycode 130) now have
keysym XF86WWW .
X applications can recognise keysyms ;o)

Aivils