Indirect rendering and GL_EXT_framebuffer_object

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Wed Feb 22 18:44:33 PST 2006

I've added indirect rendering support for GL_EXT_framebuffer_object to
Xorg xgl-0-0-1 branch. Right now I'm just using it for mipmap generation
in compiz. It gives a significantly better looking thumbnails. Some
with/without mipmapping screenshots here:
http://freedesktop.org/~davidr/

I've attached a patch that enables client-side FBO support in Mesa.
compiz needs to be linked against mesa built with this patch to support
mipmapping. I've also attached a patch for glproto that is needed to
build the server.

commit?

-David