i810 + Dell 2405W @ 1920x1200

Torkil Svensgaard tsv at scrconsulting.dk
Thu Feb 23 01:31:55 PST 2006

Andreas Schildbach wrote:

> If you already tried overriding all available modes, maybe in
> combination with alternative modelines (there can be found some
> suggestions on the web), I'm out of hints.

I tried some other modelines/combinations and at one point it actually
worked.

However, after a reboot, it is back to not working and I now get a
pretty grey screen but no logon prompt with the exact same settings that
worked before *grumble*

> Don't forget to blame the vender of your computer, he is responsible for
> selling you a BIOS that does not include widescreen modes. In my case,
> Dell doesn't even support its own monitors (I own the combination: Dell
> Latitude X1, Dell 2405FPW).

The PC I'm using is also a Dell, if this wasn't so annoying, it would be
sort of amusing.

Thanks for your help,

Torkil