CVS and lib/X11? (was Re: XTHREADLIB and DragonFly and x11.pc)

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Fri Feb 24 11:06:15 PST 2006

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Jamey Sharp wrote:

> I'll push it to the server later today:

Thank you for details on how to do this with git. (I also saw other emails
too.)

Now how is this supposed to be synced with CVS? (Or is it not?)

For those who use CVS to check out the modular X.org, will they get the
lib/X11 updates also? Or do we have to install a git client to get the
libX11 updates also?

Should lib/X11 HEAD now be deleted from CVS? (I still see it and now it is
confusing since it is out of date.)

If git should be used, will someone please point me to the webpage or
provide some notes here on what git client to use (maybe there is just
one choice?), and what commands to run to get the latest libX11?

And is it okay to put those git versions of libX11 in the same tree as the
rest of my lib/ files as retrieved via CVS? And what will happen next time
when I do a "cvs up -dPA" in lib? Will my X11 be reverted/broken?

I think I heard that it was renamed from X11 to libX11 for git. But has
the build.sh mechanism been adjusted to use that?

And another question :)  Is there a web-based viewer for the git libX11?
(like cvsweb?)

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/