CVS Update: driver (branch: trunk)

Roland Scheidegger rscheidegger_lists at hispeed.ch
Sat Feb 25 15:23:01 PST 2006

Mike A. Harris wrote:
> When adding new PCI IDs to the ATI drivers, be sure to update the
> "ati" wrapper as well, or people who use the wrapper wont get their
> card to work properly.
Oh NOOOOOOOOO. ANOTHER radeon pci id list - the FOURTH one (radeon ddx,
dri, drm, and now that one - and I didn't even count the pci ids itself
in the xserver module). This is just unbelievably sick. Sigh...
This one looks a bit different though. And as far as I can see, it's
already outdated quite a bit - ATIChipType has no entries for r300-based
igps (rs400 etc.), rv410, r430, r480, and the ATIChipID function in
atichip.c doesn't know jack about the ids associated with them (so just
returns default id, which should work fine for all cards using the
radeon driver I guess, as the ATIChipType values aren't actually used
unless they indicate some old card). It was last updated (as far as ids
are concerned) 1 and a half year ago - looks like I'm not the only one
who missed it...

Roland