nv performance

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Tue Jan 10 11:48:52 PST 2006

Hi,

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 19:43, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 15:43 +0100, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
>
> > Right now I'm stying away from the proprietary drivers if I can so right
> > now I'm using "nv".
>
> I'm also not a big fan of proprietary stuff, but I do have to admit that
> NVIDIA drivers work flawlessly on my workstation (HP xw9300). They are
> also quite easy to install.

Hm, let see: They do not run on the PowerPC64 I type from, they do not run on the Ultra30
on the other desk, nor on the Alpha somwhere else. Hm 0% percent of the hardware
here. Sounds like they are good supported. Let aside debugging and deep kernel changes
headache ...

And on my fathers Riva TNT2 they only produce artifacts when I last checked it
a year ago ...

Yours,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            http://www.exactcode.de | http://www.t2-project.org