Finishing Composite to handle transformed windows

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Jan 10 17:11:41 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 08:28 -0700, Brian Paul wrote:

> Allen's suggestion of making a variety of FBConfigs that correspond to
> an X visual is probably the simplest.  It would probably require some
> work in the DRI/GLX code and the applications would have to use the
> newer GLX 1.3 functions like glXCreateWindow and glXMakeContextCurrent
> rather than the ubiquitous 1.2 functions.

I think this is a reasonable direction to pursue, it seems to remove the
primary objection to using the Root window for Composite output. The
remaining objection is clipping. Is it reasonable to consider providing
some mechanism to offer IncludeInferiors rendering? Or should we instead
look into alternate clip list redefinition plans?

-keith