xshape/xcomposite development question

chinlu chinawa chinluchinawa at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 14 09:13:20 PST 2006

>At a minimum, getting things like this running does
require:

>1. An X server that supports the Composite extension
>
>2. A compositing manager running to blend the windows
(which may be
>   part of the window manager)
>
>3. A window manager that provides proper support for
windows with ARGB
>   visuals.
>
>4. An application that achieves the desired effect by
selecting an
>   ARGB visual and rendering the desired shape into
the alpha channel.

Hi,

I've been to modify my wm's source code to make it
able to handle tranparency windows, as I'm trying to
get to be able to map xhaped windows with smooth
borders.

Following Carl's advises and support (thanks very much
from here), I've taken his examples as reference, and
made my wm comply with them:

http://cairographics.org/~cworth/tmp/argb_cairo.c
http://cairographics.org/~cworth/tmp/argb_demo.c

The thing is that I cannot manage to do it. I've just
thought of uploading outputs from xdyinfo, xprop,
etc., together with diffs and screenshots, which can
be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/ucho_trabajo/xcomp/shot_ok.png
http://www.geocities.com/ucho_trabajo/xcomp/shot_wrong.png

Command's output:

http://www.geocities.com/ucho_trabajo/xcomp/

And diffs (ok wrong > output):

http://www.geocities.com/ucho_trabajo/xcomp/diffs/

Looking at those, I just don't know where the problem
is, nor what to do in order to catch it, so any
comments about would be obiously much appreciated.

Kind Regards,