ati driver code bug ?

Mon Jan 16 13:57:29 PST 2006

Hey all,

Since my radeon keeps hanging up my machine i tried to enable the
RADEON_DEBUG flag in the driver, but that causes the compile to fail. I
am sure i can get it to compile again , but wanted to know if that is a
know problem.

Than i found the following piece of code
in /driver/xf86-video-ati/src/radeon_cursor.c in RADEONCursorAllocEXA
round line 134.

       xf86DrvMsg(pScrn->scrnIndex, X_INFO,
                      "Using hardware cursor\n",
                      info->cursor_offset = info->cursorArea->offset);

watch the single "=", is this really correct ? Especially since the
compiler also complains with;

radeon_cursor.c:134: warning: too many arguments for format

Shouldn't it be something like;

info->cursor_offset = info->cursorArea->offset;
xf86DrvMsg(pScrn->scrnIndex, X_INFO, "Using hardware cursor\n");

- Erwin