X Killed - Problem narrowed down to freetype module.

James Courtier-Dutton James at superbug.co.uk
Thu Jan 19 02:21:05 PST 2006

James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having problems. I run a python program, and it kills X. Is there
> any way for me to find out which application sent the kill signal?
>
> James

I now have this in my xorg.conf section.
If I uncomment the Load "freetype" line, X crashes and exits.
With the line commented, X stays working fine.
So, my question is, how do I run freetype in gdb, so that I can narrow
down the problem further.
Please help.

Section "Module"
#       Load  "glx"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "dri"
        Load  "xtrap"
#       Load  "freetype"   ### freetype crashes X in wsjt.py
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "speedo"
EndSection

James