xkb problem

Albert Shih shih at math.jussieu.fr
Sat Jan 21 16:37:42 PST 2006

Hi all

Sorry to disturb all of you.

I've very standard problem (I find a solution but...) with the new version
of Xorg. I don't no if this problem interrest you.

I've use a US_Keyboard and many time I use french langage to have many kind
of à or é etc...

Until the 6.8.0 version I use this configuration in my xorg.conf

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
        Option  "AutoRepeat"    "500 30"
        Option  "XkbRules"      "xorg"
        Option  "XkbModel"      "pc105"
        Option  "XkbSymbols"    "fr"
        Option  "XkbLayout"     "us_intl"
EndSection

and I can type é by type "'"+"e" (well I use deadkeys).

After upgrading to 6.9.0 (I working under FreeBSD 6.0) I don't have anymore
this very good thing.

I've try to find how can I do this with 6.9.0. Maybe some one can help me ?

Personnaly I've use very Rambo solution --> I make a copy of the old

	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb (from 6.8.0)

in the 6.9.0 installation.

Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's me don't understand a news configurations
system.

I just want report this to you.

Lots of thanks for all developper to do this fantastic work.

Regards.

--
Albert SHIH
Universite de Paris 7 (Denis DIDEROT)