LG presentation for X dev conf

Deron Johnson Deron.Johnson at Sun.COM
Wed Jan 25 14:09:57 PST 2006

Hi Stuart,

You can officially sign me up to give a session called "Status Update on
Project Looking Glass". I'll be giving a brief status update on how LG
has changed over the past year and where it is going. I'll also
give a brief overview of the Xorg architectural group activities
for standardizing some of the features that LG and other advanced
GPU-using desktops and tools have requested. (The actual hammering
out of the issues and details of this is best left to a break-out
session. So if you could schedule enough time for break-out sessions
I would appreciate it).

In addition, there are several talks (or break-out sessions) that
I would like to see someone give. (Is there anyone out there who
who would be willing to take on any of these? I know that Nvidia has
been doing some design work in this area).

+ A session on making OpenGL work with the Composite extension.

+ A session on making X pixmaps directly usable as textures by OpenGL
  running in client processes.

+ A session on making Xvideo work with the Composite extension.

+ A session on improvements that should be made to OpenGL texture
  resource management in order to gracefully operate in an
  environment where all running programs are using textures.