Radeon FireMV 2400 PCI

Roland Scheidegger rscheidegger_lists at hispeed.ch
Fri Jan 27 12:06:08 PST 2006

Erwin Rol wrote:
> Hey Roland,
>
> before I bought the card I had some mail exchange with some ATI FireMV
> support person. On my mail with the question if the FireMV has just two
> M9 chips on it, I got the following answer.
>
> ---
> Erwin,
> You are correct. Since FireMV 2400 PCI uses two M9 chip, it's similar to
> M9cards/MB.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Paul
> ----
>
> Of course I can re-ask to try to find out the exact core (RV250 or
> RV280) and if it is maybe a M9+ instead of a M9.

Well, it probably would be easier to just look at the chips. Unless the
heatsinks are glued on. Or maybe there is a chip reg where this
information is stored apart from the pci id, though I wouldn't know it.
The catalyst .inf entry looks like that (catalyst 6.1):
"ATI FireMV 2400 PCI" = ati2mtag_RV280,
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4C66&SUBSYS_A0031002
"ATI FireMV 2400 PCI Secondary" = ati2mtag_RV280,
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4C6E&SUBSYS_A0021002

Roland