Performance issue

Dan dan at entropy.homelinux.org
Sun Jan 29 20:43:44 PST 2006

Michael Stather wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I´ve a Radeon 9250 with an athlon 1ghz and your "radeon" driver.
> Direct rendering is enabled (as glxinfo returns) but the performance
> is very low,
> e.g. quake 3 isn´t playable, neither are simple games like neverball
> or tuxracer.
> I´ve heard from other users as well as from tests that the performace
> is well enough to play q3 (about 5fps),
> while I get only about 5fps.
> What could be the reason?
The DRI mailing list is better suited to that question.
There are most likely people here who could also answer your question,
but then only if you provide some more details. "It's slow" isn't
enough. Config files? Logs? What *does* glxinfo return? Something is
definitely wrong though - you should be able to play all the games you
listed.

Dan