current git X server compile

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 10:15:59 PDT 2006

On 7/5/06, timwoj at ieee.org <timwoj at ieee.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Jul 2006, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> >
> > http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xorg-xserver;a=commitdiff;h=1c38237d7d770bdb2ae0e4059c908e9ac237e7c9
> > http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xorg-xserver;a=commitdiff;h=c363f4212d986a9c82e22cf739f150fb7024f59f
> >

> From what I can tell, those commits added the files to the Makefile.
> They aren't in the Mesa code base anymore though, and that symlink script
> dies when it tries to link to them.  Or am I reading those wrong?

It depends what version of Mesa you're trying to use. If you're using
Mesa HEAD, then those commits are needed.  Those files are certainly
there in HEAD:

http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/mesa/Mesa/src/mesa/main/

I'm sorry.  Now I read again that you were trying to build against
Mesa-6.5. In that case, you would have to back out those two commits
when trying to compile xserver HEAD. However, it's probably best to
use Mesa HEAD in that case since that's what's expected by xserver.
After all, that is why they keep syncing the sources.

--
Dan