glcompmgr 0.2

Felix Bellaby felix at bellaby.plus.com
Wed Jul 12 03:34:15 PDT 2006

I have rejigged the gl compositor that I posted last week to support the
limited GLX implementation on the Xorg server and accomodate GL
implementations without alpha channels. It now works on the open source
nv drivers.

The glXSwapBuffer implementation used by the nv drivers is sufficiently
horrid to mean that you will get better results on using the XcopyArea
based buffering used under Xorg 7.0 than the GL based buffering in 7.1.
The 7.1 implementation can be disabled in the code by replacing line 86
with:

# HAVE_OVERLAYS 0

I am hopeful that this compositor will now work on the mga Matrox
drivers amongst others.

Felix