LIB_MAN_SUFFIX problem

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Thu Jul 13 16:04:10 PDT 2006

reed at reedmedia.net wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>
>> LIB_MAN_SUFFIX should be substituted using the macros in the xorg-macros
>> package - do you have that installed before running autoconf/autogen?
>
> Can you comment on bug #6600?
>
> Some xorg components override this. I will fix this myself if someone
> gives me an okay.

I don't know why some of the configure scripts override it, but I would not
like to see the per-OS settings completely removed, since I'll just have to
add the solaris*) ones back in our builds, since we still use SysV sections
instead of BSD sections.

(For the 1x/3x/5x stuff on Linux - you'll have to ask a Linux person why
  they want that.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com