Disabling AIGLX

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Sat Jul 15 11:01:01 PDT 2006

On 7/15/06, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Fedora people have decided to enable AIGLX by default in Fedora
> Devel. It blue-screens terribly on my 7600 GS (nv driver, exa mode)

AIGLX doesn't "blue-screen".  If you're using the metacity compositor,
a common symptom is that all the windows turn up blue, if the
texture_from_pixmap extension doesn't work.  Is that what you're
seeing?

> Is there a way to disable it cleanly? The only approaching thing I've
> found is to disable composite in xorg.cong but that kills metacity

If you're on nvidia hardware, the metacity  compositor is not going to
work, so instead of turning AIGLX off, turn off the metacity
compositor.  And since the nv driver doesn't support DRI, AIGLX is
automatically turned off.

Kristian