[ANNOUNCE] X.org BOF on SIGGRAPH, Boston, Jul 30 - Aug 3

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Wed Jul 19 08:29:54 PDT 2006

I'm hosting a Birds of a Feather (BOF) on this year's SIGGRAPH, the
world's biggest conference on computer graphics.

Its title is

  Xgl, AIGLX, Compiz - Future Directions in X.org

and is no way limited to eye candy, but will also cover recent
developments in Render, Composite, Modularization, EXA, just to name a
few.

I wanted to spend approx. 45min in talks, 15min in live demos, and 30min
in discussion, to get feedback from the graphics community.

As of now most people I've asked to join me were busy or didn't have the
possibility to attend SIGGRAPH, I'm especially missing someone who is
knowledgable in AIGLX or EXA. So if you happen to be there and are
actively participating in the X.org community, just drop me a line.

This BOF will happen in Room 159 at 1:00pm - 2:30pm on Tuesday, Aug 1.
Projector support is sponsored by Novell.

Thanks

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>       __        __   __