[Announce] Xorg indexed in CSDB

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Thu Jul 27 05:20:27 PDT 2006

Hi folks,

I'd just want to you know that I'm indexing Xorg source packages
in the Comprehensive Source Database:

    http://sourcefarm.metux.de/

What's this all about ?

Well, it began with the need of some simle database containing
the download URLs of many packages, for each of their releases,
which is very easy to query, so for example automatic buildsystems
can fetch source packages just by name and (normalized) version.

Why should you bother ?

If you like to be kept informed about new releases along with
their file URLs or need to fetchtarballs of certain releases
automatically (w/ habving to fill in the URLs for each release),
you can simply use CSDB. It also supplies an redirector web
robot, which lets you specify package, version and file format
and kicks you to the right URL.
This is quite handy for sysops and distro maintainers, so that
they can automatize much of their daily work.

Where can I see it ?

The main wiki page is at:

    http://sourcefarm.metux.de/

There you'll find more information and links to frontends.

Support and contribution ?

For bug reports, feature requests, etc please use the bugzilla at

    http://bugfarm.metux.de/

with product "Source-DB".

Discussions and contributions should go to the oss-qm-discuss at metux.de
maillist (subscribe via majordomo at metux.de)