mga driver / HALlib

Ian Pilcher i.pilcher at comcast.net
Sat Jul 29 19:40:13 PDT 2006

Alex Deucher wrote:
> - DVI (all)

FYI, I'm using DVI with my "G450 DVI" without the HAL (X.org 1.0.1 on
Fedora Core 5).  I've found that if I boot the system in "normal VGA"
mode (no VESA framebuffer), X works just fine up to 1024x768; trying to
run it at 1280x1024 gives me a black screen.  OTOH, if I boot with a
VGA framebuffer, X works *only* at the same resolution as the frame-
buffer.  This works at 1280x1204 (vga=775).

I've found that the VESA driver doesn't suffer from this limitation.

Ian Pilcher                                        i.pilcher at comcast.net