AIGLX - Blue/Purple screen

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Thu Jun 1 03:02:32 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 12:06 +0200, Marcin 'Morgoth' Kurek wrote:

> On 2006-05-30, you wrote:
>
> > i have aiglx installed on my gentoo box - when i enable aiglx in
> > metacity i get an blue screen with shadows...
>
> Same effect here. Also running compiz cause identical effect here on aiglx
> (Works on XGL but it's definitly too slow to everyday use)
>
> I can get almost good effect (With compiz) when I set LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1

That may be a good idea anyway until GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is
supported with direct rendering.

> with this I can see desktop but it's blue. I guess this can be some
> endianese problem as I am using PPC machine.

Yeah, the attached patch works here but probably breaks little endian
machines instead.

Beware that GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is currently implemented very
inefficiently with AIGLX, so it's probably not usable anyway.