X server migrated to git

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Jun 6 10:28:56 PDT 2006

Following the plan sketched earlier this week, I've migrated the X
server from CVS to git. *please* let me know if there are any issues
with this, either via email or IRC. I've checked the import reasonably
carefully and it seems to be fine.

If you do check out CVS at this point, the autogen.sh script will print
out a nice warning message about the sources having moved to git.

For developers with commit access:

$ git-clone git+ssh://git.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver

For people just fetching current bits:

$ git-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver

(yes, anongit lags git by two minutes, please use it unless you need to
commit though to reduce the load on the repository machine).

keith.packard at intel.com