help needed with X11 cursor and observed behavior

nick lidakis nlidakis at verizon.net
Thu Jun 8 09:23:47 PDT 2006

John Hughes wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 10:47 -0400, nick lidakis wrote:
>
>> I will try to explain the problem (feature?) I have been observing with
>> my X11 cursor. Any suggestions with this would be appreciated.
>>
>> Using Debian Unstable, I have been using the whiteglass cursor theme for
>> quite some time. The only thing that has been annoying me of late is
>> this: Whenever the whiteglass cursor is inside the Firefox window and
>> the applications is performing some action, like loading or reloading a
>> page, the whiteglass cursor will revert to the original black X cursor
>> until that action is complete. Same thing will happen when using
>> Thunderbird; e.g. while deleting messages.
>>
>> Do I have something mis configured?
>>
> See debian bug 372096.

I don't understand. The bug report states that the industrial cursor
theme is missing from a gt2-engine theme? If that is correct, I don't
understand how that is relevant to what I'm experiencing.

I was using the Dapper Drake CD as an example of being able to reproduce
what I'm seeing when using Firefox with the whiteglass theme. I don't
have the Industrial theme installed on my Debian unstable box.