sunffb wont load

Rene Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Sat Jun 10 03:12:42 PDT 2006

Hi,

On Friday 09 June 2006 22:06, Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Friday 09 June 2006 15:13, Michael Lorenz wrote:
> > Ok, I'll update out driver.
> > Did you also fix the ffb1 screen blanking problems?
> > It turned out that blanking on a Pacifica 1 DAC will result in
> > corrupted video memory on unblank - our workaround was simply to redraw
> > everything on unblank when the driver identified a Pac1. Any ffb2 or
> > newer is unaffected by this.
>
> I did not; I only touched sunffb as part of my general mission to destroy
> cfb. I'd take a patch though.

Maybe you can CC me the patches as well. I also experienced some blanking
problem, however think it was different, like it blanked after 1 hour of use
and only restarting X ublanked it, and the FB was fine the whole time. But I
have to double-check since I handed the affected machine to a friend in
another office.

Yours,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            http://exactcode.de | http://t2-project.org | http://rebe.name