ati rage pro and direct rendering

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Wed Jun 14 11:35:38 PDT 2006

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 02:11:30PM -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On 6/14/06, neuneu neu <nomasoul50 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >i'm on ubuntu 6.06 with an old ati 3d rage pro agp 2X : i don't have direct
> >rendering and i used many methods but with no resuts. the last i used is
> >using a drm kernel module  from drm cvs. all is good but no rendering . i
> >don't if where is a method to have 3d acceleration with this old ati card .
> >

> In addition to installing the drm and rage pro DRI lib, you also need
> to install a dri aware DDX (ati_drv.so and atimisc_drv.so).  DRI
> support is not enabled in the DDX by default.
>
> Alex

git-clone git://git.freedesktop.org/~libv/xf86-video-mach64.git/

(gitweb seems to not be updating properly - or my repository isn't set
up right for a gitweb side change, i don't know)

While there are still issues that need to be resolved with that, it is
Exa capable thanks to the excellent work of George Fufutos and has seen
DRI and related fixes and cleanups too.

Iirc, there are things up the bugzilla to fix some things at the dri
side too.

Luc Verhaegen.