Changing the way drivers find DRI headers

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Wed Jun 21 00:56:17 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 08:31 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:
> > Donnie Berkholz [2006-06-16 08:05]:

> >> I like this idea. Right now we've got hacks in our build system to
> >> ensure the server's +dri if drivers are getting built +dri, etc.
> >
> > On IRC, Michel pointed out that the server might have been build without
> > DRI support, but you still could want to build the drivers with the DRI
> > enabled.
>
> Good luck doing that -- have you tried? It doesn't work.

I'll take your word for it. :)

Today I discovered that --disable-dri in the driver is a no-op because
xorg-server.h defines XF86DRI* anyway. So I'm thinking maybe the drivers
shouldn't bother with defining them but just require the other
prerequisites when xorg-server.h defines them. Or is there a scenario
where --disable-dri is required even though the server was built with
DRI support? (I'm finding it quicker to #undef XF86DRI in config.h for
build testing)