compiling modular xorg success, but failed in running it

Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diógenes cerdiogenes at yahoo.com.br
Sun Jun 25 05:51:24 PDT 2006

Hi,

I compiled successfully the modular xorg today (21st of June), but when
I run it I get some undefined symbols in a lot of libs, making the
xserver freeze my machine is come cases.

I start to modify the Makefile's.am to link the libs to statics libs
where the symbols where defined. During this process I percepted that
the xserver have the --with-os-name option in configure, so I
re-downloaded the modules that I altered and recompiled they and the
xserver with the --with-os-name=linux and the xserver is running well
(I'm still get a machine freeze in the xserver shutdown).

What I do is really right or I do something else that make the xserver
builds successfully?
--
Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diógenes
Projeto xLupa - http://www.unioeste.br/projetos/xlupa