Multi-monitor (xinerama/mergefb) support in RandR

Colin Guthrie xorg at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jun 28 03:07:14 PDT 2006

Keith Packard wrote:
> Eric and I are busy figuring out how to handle multiple monitor hot plug
> with X and have a fairly simple plan.

I can't offer any help here (as don't know X that well), but want to
offer some words of support.

Unf. my hardware is nVidia, but appreciate all the work Intel is doing
here to progress things.

Hopefully your plans will mean that nVidia can drop their TwinView stuff
in favour of your RandR extensions (if this is appropriate - again, not
technical enough in X to know if that is correct - perhaps TwinView
would still be needed).

Cheers.

Col.
--