Doing git migration now

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Fri Jun 30 22:30:03 PDT 2006

On 6/30/06, Kristian Høgsberg <krh at bitplanet.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm starting the git migration now.  I've change the script to also
> check that the 7.0 and 7.1 tags match between cvs and git.  The libs
> are reponames going to get a 'lib' prefix and the proto modules get a
> 'Proto' suffix.  This way, we get consistency between configure.ac
> names and repository names.

And it's done.  Everything from CVS has been moved to git, the cvs
repositories have been marked read-only.  I also move xcompmgr from
/cvs/xapps, but I don't have access to marking that module readonly or
committing the configure.ac notice.  If someone with access to the
xapps repo could do that that'd be great.

Also a heads up to those that have checked out any of the previously
converted proto repos: they have been renamed to be consitent with the
configure.ac name as mentioned above.  That is:

    xorg/proto/compositeproto is now xorg/proto/CompositeProto
    xorg/proto/danageproto is now xorg/proto/DamageProto
    xorg/proto/fixesproto is now xorg/proto/FixesProto
    xorg/proto/randrproto is now xorg/proto/RandrProto

I also converted compiz and put a repository up at
git://git.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/app/compiz.  Converting compiz to
git was mentioned on the
compiz list recently, however I haven't touched the compiz cvs repo.
I'll leave it to David or Matthias to do that if they want to go with
this conversion.  If not, we can just pull the git repo down again.

Also, contrary to what I said in my first mail on git migration, I
converted the repos Daniels said he'd do.  I hope that's ok and
doesn't screw anything up for you.

Finally, I had problem converting 4 CVS modules: font/100dpi,
lib/Xlg3d, lib/Xmu and proto/Lg3d.  They're sitting in
~krh/fixme-repos on kemper at the moment.  I haven't looked too
closely yet, but will take a look at some point unless the parsecvs
author beats me to it.

cheers,
Kristian