Xorg 6.9 and ACPID

Matthew Cross kellinjar at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 2 13:29:08 PST 2006

Every since building and installing Xorg 6.9 on Fedora
core 4, my ACPID fails to start in run level 5. I'm
resigned to using run level 3 and starx manually.
I've heard that this is a known issue with this and
I'm wondering if a work around/fix is available for
this problem? I'm 100% convinced this is related to
xorg 6.9 as this is my second install of FC4 and the
same problem arose on the first install when I
upgraded to 6.9.