Git in two minutes for CVS users [was: Re: Moving xlibs modules to xorg]

Diego Calleja diegocalleja at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 10:56:47 PST 2006

El Thu, 9 Mar 2006 18:36:08 +0100,
Egbert Eich <eich at suse.de> escribió:

> How about 'cvs annotate'?
> 'annotate' tells you line by line when (which version) a line was changed
> last and who did the change. The 'who did the change' sometimeshelps solve
> the mystery why something was changed in a certain way :-/

There's a git-annotate command (merged in the repository but I think that
it is not in any release)

It's a perl script though, you can download it
http://kernel.org/git/?p=git/git.git;a=blob_plain;h=8f984318af406fd725097052b4a4f01b9141c1e0;f=git-annotate.perl

(You can choose to play yourself with git right now - if you take a look
at http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/cvs-migration.html
it has some hacky "alternatives" to cvs annotate)